On Thursday, March 9, the Mehlville School District Board of Education approved a resolution on redistricting that begins with the 2017-2018 school year. The following concepts were contained in the resolution:
- The adjusted boundary maps that were presented on Tuesday of this week were approved. Click here to find the maps on the District website.
- Establishes bus routes for the new boundaries.
- Allows all high school students to stay in the building they are in (grandfathering) with limited transportation provided.
- Allows current 7th graders to stay in the building they are in (grandfathering) with limited transportation provided. As they move to into high school they would transition to their attendance zone school, but may apply for school choice.
- Allows current 4th graders to stay in the building they are in (grandfathering) with limited transportation provided. As they move to into middle school they would transition to their attendance zone school, but may apply for school choice.
- Administrative monitoring of grandfathering and school choice so that schools remain balanced within their comfortable capacity.
- Allows grandfathered students, as well as those selected for school choice, to access transportation on a limited basis. If space is available on buses, students could ride to and from an established bus stop in the new boundaries. Families would have to provide transportation to and from the bus stop.
- Update the enrollment projections during the 2019-2020 school year.
Grandfathering applications must be completed online only. Click here to fill out the grandfathering form. The deadline to complete the form is March 31. A big 'thank you' goes out to the redistricting committee for their time and effort on this challenging task.
There is also a video explaining the final redistricting plan. Click here to view it.
We have had problems with the home locator web program, so we apologize for any inconvenience. For a new link that will tell you which are your home schools, click here. When using the home locator tool:
1. Enter in your address in the search bar and choose your address from the results.
2. This will give you the elementary school. You can switch between middle and high school by clicking the boxes on the right side of the screen.
3. Click on the arrow icon that points to your location after you switch between school levels.
4. You can zoom out to see the map in a larger scale.